Saturday, November 01, 2008

No Shave November

Thats right. It is officially time to put away the razors, nair, waxing strips, and epilators. One month of shorter times in the shower, less layers while sleeping, and warmer body temperatures are here. My little brother and his friends used to do this when they were in college and by the end of the month they would all have fun looking facial hair. Thankfully I do not posses the genes to grow a beard... but I do get cold in the winter and not shaving for a month is something worth rejoicing about. I know some of my married friends may be unable to participate in this challenge. Or maybe you and your hubbies can complete this challenge together. This challenge is not meant for one sex alone. Let us all come together and grow... some hair. Some may think it gross to have hair. But I will assure you that God made us this way and He was NOT the man who invented razors. So bring on the warmth ladies and gents. Lets see who can make it to the end of No Shave November with the best outcome... you can determine what that may be. Bring on the warm fuzzies! Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Oh don't worry, I celebrate No Shave November 8 months of the year. :)

    P.S. We should hang out again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope that people don't think I meant my last comment literally. Don't worry, I'm not a hairy beast. I just don't do it when I don't have to. Which is a lot of the time. Just wanted to clear that up in case any of you are contemplating not being my friend anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have been participating. I took a soak last night and was noticing that it had been a long time...then I shrugged and went about relaxing. While I do pledge not to shave for the month I include a clause that states I am allowed to clear the underarms and prevent a forest from taking root there. That wouldn't work for me...especially since I have decided to give up antiperspirant for awhile. (going fine with that...tmi) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry ladies. I'm going to have to be a non-participate on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... um... I'm gonna have to agree with Katie on this one. Plus, I don't like to be itchy :-) But good luck!

    ReplyDelete