Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday

So it has been awhile since I wrote and I am feeling like writing so I am going to write something. What am I going to write about. Hmm. The question I am still not sure I can answer.
Hmm... how about the new year and what that all entails.
So it is the biginning of a new year. Something about starting is new year is so refreshing. Its like getting a "do over" or "try again" or a clean slate with endless posibilities. I think that if we didn't have the concept of years and time it would be hard to make goals and track progress and be completely frustrating because everything would blurr together. It's a good thing someone had the great idea of the concept of a year. Cool. It reminds me of the seasons and how I have had many different seasons in my life. Seasons of depression, seasons of spiritual growth, seasons of ministry, seasons of being ministered to, seasons of loneliness, seasons of love. It has been a ride this life I live and I am not getting off this ride anytime soon. I am excited for this new year and another new season in my life.
It is a common occurance for people to create an unrealistic goal at the beginning of each new year. My "unrealistic goal" is to be healthy and make healthy choices in my spiritual health and physical health. I am focusing on putting the good stuff into my body and into my mind and establishing a foundation that I will be able to hold onto for the rest of my life and will be able to teach to my (someday) husband and (someday) children. I think it is an attainable goal and I am excited for this new year.
Something else that I am excited for is finding a new church with my boyfriend and establishing a home church and getting involved in ministry again. It has been over a year since I have been officially on youth staff at the church I have grown up in the church that is like a family to me. There is something about not being in ministry when you have been in it for so long. I know that God wanted me to take a break so I could focus on getting myself on track but in the last few months there has been a desire to get involved in ministry again. I feel like I am missing out on something by not being involved in ministry but at the same time I know that finding a church together with Dan has to happen first before I can get plugged into ministry again. So we will be checking out different churches and hopefully when the "busy season" of his job calms down we can make a decision about where we will make some roots.
So this year has alot of opprtunity from growth in my personal, spiritual, and ministry life to shrinkage in my physical appearance to possibly starting a new church family, family family, and making a decision about the man I will spend the rest of my life with. Another season is exciting and I know that God will give me strength to get through and wisdom while making important decisions.
Until next time. Over and out. Peace and tranqulity be with.

No comments:

Post a Comment