Friday, February 03, 2006

A New Month

The new month has begun and so has a new season of my life. A season of my parents being seperated.
My parents sold their house so that means my mom is moving to the opposite side of the state. About five hours away. If you would have asked me how I felt about this a year ago I would have said it is a brilliant idea. At this point, I am feeling a bit sad, at a loss really, maybe even grieving that my mom is not so much as a quick drive away but now either a flight or long drive is required to see her. This is also sad to me because she has been so connected to her friends and family on this side of the mountain and I am worried that she will become lonely and even might have a bad "episode" again. I am trusting that God is going to be her strength and pray that He will get her connected to a good community of friends and fellowship.
As for me and what is going on... Dan made an offer on a condo in downtown P-town. This is exciting and scary. Exciting because I can envision us living there together and starting a family. But scary because I still am waiting on the LORD to give me peace about our futures together.
Just last week one of my youth girls told me that she is possibly going to Africa from July to December to do medical missions. That is my desire!!! I am like... I want to go too!!! But I can't do that and be in a relationship with Dan. Is that fair to him? I don't think so. Would he be willing to put our relationship on hold? Is that a question that I am afraid to know the answer too? Yes. Will I have other opportunities in the future to pursue medical missions in Africa? I am trusting God with that one. I feel like I am torn. I don't even know what it would take to get to Africa. But it is definately something that I feel is a call that God has given me. Do I need to feel a call to marriage? Ugh! I don't know. I just want to know what I am supposed to do.
So. We are waiting to hear from the seller if they accepted Dan's offer or not. We are praying for God's will in this move. I am willing to trust God in every area of my life and that includes my future with Dan and the call to medical missions.
Proverbs 3:5&6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowlegde HIM and HE will make your path straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment