Tuesday, January 06, 2009

budget busting books

it is absolutely ridiculous how much books cost these days for a college student. last quarter, if I had paid full price for my books, it would have cost over $500! this quarter, if I had paid full price for my books, it would have cost $700!!! three classes... thats all folks. God is good and so far my books are only up to $345. I have one more book to find and I am still praying for another awesome deal! If I find better deals I may return a couple books and be under $300 for the quarter! That would be incredible! And mean I have extra money for things like coffee, shampoo, deodorant, makeup, and food too. might have to get a little job this quarter to ensure I can have the essentials. I want to make friends at school not repel them because I can't afford deodorant! ha! let me know if you know of a little weekend only job or people needing house/animal sitters. I love to take care of pets and houses too! God has and always will be my provider. There is not a doubt in my mind that He will take care of my every need for the quarter... and the rest of my life as well. I am blessed. Blessed to be in the hands of an amazing Heavenly Father, blessed to be in school, blessed to have a place to live for free, blessed to live less than a mile from school, blessed to have amazing friends and family who love and support me. Who cares if books are expensive. I am blessed beyond all the words and pages in those (really freakin big and heavy) books together!

3 comments:

  1. Just wear your blue sweater,then, even if you smell bad, people will be drawn to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. final cost for books this quarter... drum roll please...
    .....................
    ........................
    ...........................
    A grand total of $215!!!
    AMAZING!
    I can afford some deodorant :)
    and even coffee for the coming months. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you won't have to rely solely on the power of the blue sweater to attract friends... and that I can still be in close quarters with you without hoping to catch a head-cold first :)

    $215 for all those -ology classes you're taking? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete