Tuesday, January 13, 2009

carpe diem

carpe diem is something I learned from one of my favorite movies. The movie is Dead Poets Society. carpe diem means... SEIZE THE DAY!

how many of my days do I let go by without seizing the moment?
I don't know how old I will grow to be.
I don't know if Jesus is coming back in my lifetime.


This is one of my favorite quotes of the movie. If you haven't seen it. You should.

John Keating(the teacher at an all boys school describing the photos and trophy's of past students in a hallway glass display case): They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.

so boys and girls. I dare you. I dare you to seize each and every day. make your life... the only life you have got... EXTRAORDINARY!!

1 comment: