Monday, August 18, 2008

an afternoon with mom

after saying goodbye to Lola (the dog whose poop I have been picking up for the past two weeks) I went to the bank and then to get a coffee and headed to my moms house. she told me last night that she has been doing a good job of faking being ok lately. I congratulated her last night and made a mental note to check up on her more regularly.
so I show up at her house and find her asleep on the couch. We chatted while she woke up and went off to the grocery store. she needed milk and so I bought her some... and some syrup, butter, and ice cream. we went back to her house and had ice cream for dinner. It was delicious. she told me stories about the past and we laughed a bunch. I told her stories about when I was a kid and we laugh some more. It is days like today that makes me treasure my mom. I am blessed that she lives close by. I am blessed that she doesn't smother me. I am blessed that she has prayed for me every day of my life. I am blessed to be loved by such an amazing mom. I love you mom!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ps- I think I should show you how to use the white balance function on your camera....

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was taken on my cell phone. we look a little jaundice. :)

    ReplyDelete