Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lightning striking again and again and again and again!


So the past two weeks (almost) I have been staying at some friends' house taking care of their dog. We are a couple blocks from the railroad tracks and I have grown accustomed to the gentle movement that the house makes when a train is rolling through town. Last night was a different story.
The house shook so hard me the dog and I were startled awake at 3ish in the morning! I realized when I saw flashes of light coming through the blinds that there was a storm hovered directed above us. My eyes closed to try to get back to sleep and yet I could still see the flashes of light through my lids. It was some show. There were a few times that I dozed off and then was awoken by the thunder that shook the house. I was able to console the dog and she and I finally went back to sleep and the storm moved on. I think storms can be enjoyed more during day time or early evening hours. I just wish I had been able to watch more of the lightning "fireworks" and appreciate the beauty of the storm. I was half asleep. Didn't quite get to enjoy it to its fullest potential.

5 comments:

  1. I agree... I wish I had been more awake for it. I love storms! But it's clouding up and getting breezy outside again. Maybe we'll get a second storm tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I never wake up for storms, but this one made my night miserable! Seriously, some of the worst sleep I've had in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I was startled out of bed around 3am as well. Combo of the thunder crack and the dog clawing his way across the wood floor to escape. Poor little fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone was talking about it, but Suzanne and I did not hear or feel a thing... we must be the only ones in the PNW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't alone, Millers. I didn't hear a thing either, and slept right through. It WAS sleepy-time, after all. :)

    ReplyDelete