Monday, August 25, 2008

Remember when...

More than a decade ago my life was spent attending youth group events and hangin out with friends after church on Saturday nights. It doesn't seem possible that so much time has already passed us by...
Sunday afternoon several of the people I grew up at youth group with got together for a reunion. It was so wonderful to see faces that I haven't looked upon in years and hear how much all of our lives have changed. We are no longer children (though some of us still act like it) but adult with grown up lives. Weird. I still feel so young. It doesn't seem possible that so many of us have moved to the married or baby stages already. I am still in denial that I am a grown up.
A couple of months ago I was hanging out with one of my youth girls who is studying to be a chiropractor... she asked how old I was and got all confused when I told her. She responding saying "I always thought we were the same age"... not quite sure how that would work being as I was her youth leader when she was in jr high. It made me feel young though.
This reunion was very special. I think it is going to be the first of many. Hoping to do another one in six months or so. Make it a semi-regular event. I am excited to see how all of us continue to change throughout the years to come. Excited to watch my old friends grow their families and face new adventures. It will be fun to get together ten years from now and reminisce and "remember when..."

1 comment: