Saturday, August 09, 2008

Crazy Heirloom


I don't understand how I can have three siblings and we are so so so very different. There is one thing about us that is similar though. We are all stubborn.

My sister Melissa is so stubborn she won't give up a married man in Wyoming who has told her time and again that he doesn't want her. She won't give up though. Stubborn. She is going back to Wyoming yet again. Leaving Puyallup and her daughter that she made countless promises of quality time with her mom to. I pray against this stubborn spirit. My sis is amazing when she puts her mind to something. I just wish it were something brilliant rather than a stupid man who is leading her down a path of destruction. She can be an amazing person when she focuses all of here determination (a nicer word for stubborn) on one thing. I always thought she would be a fantastic lawyer. I'm hoping that she soon discovers the emptiness in the man she is blindly chasing after. And that she returns to the only One who can fill her heart fully.

My brother Nick is so stubborn that he didn't tell me he was leaving town. He is now traveling the country in an RV with his girl friend and her mom. They even brought along an ice cream truck to make money on the side. He didn't want me to try to talk him out of going. Stubborn. I am sad that I didn't get to say good bye to him. I pray against this stubborn spirit. He has such a good heart and brings laughter to so many people. I wish he were sharing more of his testimony. Maybe this time in the RV traveling will give him opportunity to gather his thoughts and discover more of what the Lord wants him to do with his life. He has had some rough patches to travel through... I just know that God can use those rough patches for great things. Though I joked with him about being a motivational speaker... it is really something that I can see him stepping into in the future. I pray that he seeks the Lord to find the path that the Lord has gone before him and prepared.

My brother BJ is so stubborn that he gets under all of my nerves at the same time. He is the one who drives me crazy every time he opens his mouth. He always has to be right and have the last word. Stubborn. I pray against this stubborn spirit. Sometimes I wonder how we can be so close in age and yet the furthest apart in all aspects of our lives. It is a bit mind boggling to me. I wonder if there was something that I had done differently when we were kids if our relationship would be different today. He is a smart man. Sometimes so smart it frightens me. I pray that he will be able to use his gifts in a way that will give him great pride in himself. Even though he drives me crazy... I still love my brother. I also pray for a new attitude in myself when I am around him.


My family is unique. I was watching a movie called "the Family Stone" today and it reminded me how different each person in a family can be. It is the uniqueness of each individual in that family that makes the family that much more interesting. One of my friends described my family as a crazy quilt. I think that is a great picture. We are quite colorful and random in our grouping... however, we have all been grouped together to make something that is an heirloom that will forever be treasured.

I pray great things for each one of my family members. I pray that the stubbornness that each one of us so abundantly posses would be used for good in God's kingdom. Lord please protect and guide my sister and brothers today. Bring them back to you. Bring them back to wholeness. Bring them the joy that can only be found in your presence. Bring them the peace that goes beyond their own understandings. Bring them delight in following your leading. Bring them back to you.

3 comments:

  1. your family IS unique, God hand crafted it Himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Jami. Thanks for your honesty. I'm so sorry that your siblings are not walking close to the Lord.

    You know that I can relate to where you are. None of my family or Jim's family are walking with Jesus. But ... He has called us to be set apart.

    You have inspired me (Yes! ... you have). After so many years of being separated from our families, it has gotten easy to forget to pray for them. It is easy to believe Satan's lies that "they will never change".

    Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement!

    Love ya bunches, and hope to see you soon!

    Laurel

    PS: It is sooo... cool that you and Vicky have become friends with Heidi. Who would have guessed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you in prayer for your siblings.

    ReplyDelete