Sunday, August 03, 2008

Marshmallow Fields, Emerald City Smoothie, and an Electra Townie


Last summer I bought an Electra Townie (a rad old school upright handle bar bicycle) and this summer I have been going on adventures with my bike a few times a week. So when I woke up this morning and saw the clouds were sparse and the sun was beckoning me out doors I knew what was in store.
I strapped my bike to the back of my car (with a proper bike rack of course) and headed down the hill to the small town of Orting. Ensuring that I had enough energy to make it through the day I stopped at Emerald City Smoothies and picked up a Sambazon smoothie which took me two hours to drink.

As I headed down the trail today I had a head ache but was hopeful that the fresh air would remedy that. The wind seemed to be going against me today... or maybe I was just tired. I think that the wind was against me both ways (no I was not going up hill both ways in the snow). The trail was more crowded than usual. I think the weather brought everyone outside today. I started in the middle of town by the park in Orting and rode for about two hours. Stopping whenever my butt could not handle sitting for another second or if I saw something beautiful that I just had to stop and enjoy. I rode along the river side loving the sounds of the rushing waters and through the lush green forests. This week I went further than I have in the past. I didn't realize how close I was to the next stop on the trail. So I powered through an extra two miles past my usual stopping point and found myself in the tiny town of South Prairie. As I rode into town I was greeted by beautiful marshmallow fields and quaint houses. There was even a coffee shop and smoothie shop at the trail stop. Amazing! I was still drinking my Sambazon so didn't need another smoothie... but I did sit and rest for a few minutes before turning around.


I am in love with riding. It is so refreshing and beautiful exploring the outdoors on a bicycle. If you want to go along with me on an adventure... let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Becky and I rode part of the Burke-Gilman Trail in Seattle today. It was wonderful. I will blog about it later... when I'm not so tired.

    Also, I fixed my seat to be a bit more "springy" and it is soooo much better! Now I really wish I had done it sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drag me along with you this summer!

    ReplyDelete