Friday, August 29, 2008

plans to prosper...


This week has been a tough week for me. I have become overwhelmed with my current circumstances and have broken down in tears sporadically throughout the week. Loans for school have been delayed making the option of moving delayed as well. I am still searching for a job and submitting resumes like someone desperate for work. Because I AM desperate for work!! My bills still need to be payed and I am praying that the funds to pay them will show up soon. I am sad because not having funds makes me think I may not be able to go to one of my DTS friends' wedding in BC next week. I take deep breaths and try not to focus on all of these things at the same time. Then I remember... He has a plan to prosper me and not to harm me... God is sovereign. He knew all of these things were going to happen before they did. I thought I have learned trust already in my walk with the Lord. Maybe I haven't captured all of what trusting really is. Am I acknowledging Him in all my ways? Am I trying to do things in my own will and my own strength? Questions and more questions bring me to a better place. Choosing to surrender all of my fears about the unknown and my hopes for the coming months I put my trust in the Almighty God. Recognizing that He is Almighty makes me feel like an idiot for blubbering through this week. Though I know His heart for me embraces me in every circumstance and His Father heart wants nothing more than for me to trust Him and know His love for me. He does have a plan to prosper me and not to harm me. I sit here in my bed with food in my belly, a roof over my head, and the knowledge that I am loved by the Almighty God. Please pray for me as I continue to trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all this James. I know that God will make it clear what he wants you to do. I'm, praying! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers. I love you!! Whatever workplace gets you will be VERY BLESSED!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete