Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesdays Tales: Week 1

Welcome to Tuesday Tales! In an attempt to improve our writing skills, Katie and I have decided to challenge one another to a weekly write off! We will each post 3 or so writing prompts on our blogs for the other to select from. Then we have one week to write a piece, no matter how long or short, and post it as the opener for the following weeks prompts. The only prize involved is the satisfaction of a completed piece (which is of course the prize most writers have learned to be satisfied with). We welcome any other interested parties to join in the fun and post a link to your finished piece in that weeks comments.

Okay, Katie. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to start a story with one of the following:

"That day started as usual. I got out of bed. Changed into my running gear. Put on my shoes and headed out for a run. I never would have predicted..."

"These mashed potatoes are awesome!..."

"She asked me if I thought the baby would prefer polka dots or stripes on the blankets. Does she..."

2 comments:

  1. Check out THIS challenge!

    http://www.webook.com/project/6-Word-Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a second... all you did was repost last week's prompts! What about the stories?! What about new prompts?!

    I'm heading to Katie's blog to see what's she's got...

    ReplyDelete