Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What could have happened to him?

There is a friend of mine whom I tutor her daughter once in a while when she needs a break and it works with my schedule... so about a month ago I was introduced to a nice guy that she wanted me to meet.
He came to my church and we had a good long chat and seemed to enjoy each others company. We talked for about a half an hour after church and then he gave me his number and told me to call him sometime. So I did. Only when I called him I forgot to leave him my phone number. Oops.
So a little less than a week later he manages to contact our mutual friend and she calls me to say I didn't leave my number and make sure everything went well and that I wasn't avoiding the guy. So I called him the next day for the second time and left a message on his voice mail. This time ever so careful to leave my number. Might have left it twice to be thorough, can't remember. Anyway. So it has been two weeks since the message was left and still no reply.
I have decided that something tragic must have happened in his life. My favorite thought... he has amnesia because he was in a terrible accident.
Any other ideas as to what his "problem" could be?
Cause it sure doesn't take two weeks to return a phone call to a girl YOU GAVE your number to!
Please share your thoughts on his "problem"

8 comments:

  1. Oh poor Jami. He's been pushed off the platform onto the tracks. Someone else was there to save him and soon they will fall in love with his brother. So don't worry, he's still available, he just needs to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other potential problems:

    1. He was shipwrecked on a deserted island. He's alive and uninjured, but his only forms of communication are smoke signals and the word HELP spelled out in rocks on the beach.

    2. He joined a monastery. Right after he took the vow of silence, he thought "Blast! I should have told Jami first!" But it was too late, he can't call you to tell you.

    3. He deleted your message on accident and is too embarrassed to call your friend AGAIN.

    4. He needs to work on his communication skills.

    There are other fish in the sea. Throw this one back. (although it sounds like he's jumped ship already).

    What a turkey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I add some other scenarios for your consideration...

    1. He has broken every single finger and toe and is only able to dial while holding a pen in his mouth. Unfortunately, he lost his pen.

    2. He has suddenly gotten a rare disease called frozen-tongue-itis, which is pretty self explanatory

    3. Ninjas broke into his home and captured him and hid him so well that even Chuck Norris can't find him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... today I ran into the friend who introduced me and "vanishing man" at my favorite coffee shop. She told me something I never could have scripted. Apparently "vanishing man" was at Home Depot a week or so ago (around the time I gave him my number) and a bag of pesticides fell on him. Apparently he was burned on his arms and other parts of his body from the chemicals. There is also a missionary family living with him in his house (it has five bedrooms and he is single -duh!- so there are rooms to spare) and they have all had the flu and he was feeling ill as well.
    So it turns out "vanishing man" has a legit reason to not call me. He has chemical burns and the flu. I can only imagine the state of him. Gosh I hope someone is taking care of him.
    I hope so... otherwise I might have to change his name from "vanishing man" to "scar face"... and that is just so unoriginal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I laughed so hard during these serious of scenario's. I must say, I am shocked nobody said that a bag of pesticides fell on him at Home Depot. This was a complete obvious one to me!!!! :-)

    Keep updating this saga!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so today I got an email from my friend who set us up. she goes to a naturopath who happens to be the dad and business associate of "vanishing man"... apparently when "vanishing man" saw my friend in the waiting area today he was quick to come and talk to her and ask about me.
    Confusion. Um. He has my number. He is asking about me. Can he not call me and ask me about me???! (big sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously?!

    Please refer to my reason #4. And perhaps he needs to be reminded that women want to be pursued (and not through a mutual friend).

    So far, I am not impressed with the guy (not that it's me who needs to be impressed). Too bad he doesn't read your blog.

    ReplyDelete