Friday, July 11, 2008

About Me

I found this email randomly when I was searching for an address today in my gmail...so I thought I would share it with you all.
Its stuff about... ME!


Some of my favourite childhood memories were times spent at my grandparents cabin on Lake Rosiger. My dad came from a really big family. He has four sisters and one brother who died before I was born. So I had plenty of cousins to play with growing up. Twenty four first cousins on that side of the family. So we would go to the cabin
on the lake and spend hours upon hours swimming in the water. Racing from the tree that had fallen into the lake that had all of its branches cut off, to the post that was in the shallow end so we could have something to hang onto when we were little, to the floating dock that was where we played king of the island or whatever game we could think of at the moment. I pretended I was a mermaid and sang Disney songs and taught my cousins how to twirl in the water. I was on a swim team for two years so I thought I knew a lot back then. Good memories for sure. My grandparents always had a stash of candy that inadvertently had a smoky taste from the wood stove and the two packs of cigarettes my grandparents smoked between them. My grandparents are gone now. They both passed away in the last five years. But they were great people. My grandma told us that if we went out on the porch when the clouds were out and did a "sun dance" that the sun would come out.Most days it did! And we had fun dancing. Grandma made up the dance and silly nonsense words to go along with it. She always had a bright smile on her face. Good memories. :)



Have I traveled? Um... yeah. And I love to travel! I hope I can keep traveling throughout my life and see more of God's beautiful creation. I have been to 16 different countries. I went to England in 2000 with a family from my church, and Rachael and Paul(the youth pastor) to visit one of our best friends Gerod. After getting a taste for travel my appetite was whet.In 2001 I felt led to do a DTS in Hawaii and went to Africa on outreach. We stayed primarily in Ghana but had the opportunity to travel through Benin, Togo, and Nigeria. On our way to and from Hawaii
we stopped in Paris, France. We actually got stuck in Paris on our way home from Africa because of 9-11. We flew out of Africa the day after 9-11 and then they almost didn't let us off the plane when we got to Paris. Air France ended up putting us up in a super nice hotel for five days until we could get a flight out. All 70+ students and staff from my school were grounded to the hotel for the majority of the time. I would love to go back and actually see more of Paris. We had one day to cram in as many tourist attractions as we could. About a year and a half later I went on a mission trip to Romania with the youth group. We got to share our testimonies with real live Gypsies and I helped build a conference center and dig a huge hole for
a water tower that would provide enough water for the community. We also used marble to line the river bank to keep it stable. Two huge dump trucks of solid marble only cost $150!! What a deal!! Oh... and then we traveled through Luxembourg on our way home. In 2004 I wen to visit one of my best friends from DTS in Europe. I traveled with my friend Gerod for part of the trip. We went through the Netherlands to Switzerland, and then through Liechtenstein, and Austria by train to get to Germany. We had another friend studying in Germany so we stayed with her for a few days and she took us to Bach's home town and the place where Martin Luther translated a bunch of the bible or something like that. I then said goodbye to those friends and met up with a DTS friend (Jo Skinner- she is one of my favorite people) who's family was living in Northern Ireland at the time. We stayed there for a few days then traveled to Scotland together. That was a really great adventure of a trip. I saw castles, and
concentration camps, and it was my first really big trip without adult supervision.
I have been over the borders to Canada and Mexico a few times... though not too deep into either countries. I have only seen BC so far. This past spring I took a trip with my sister to visit the UK again. We went to Scotland and England. It was one of the hardest trips of my life! That is when I found out that my sis had been lying to me about most everything in her life. The one thing that saved the trip was visiting my dear friend Jo Skinner in Scotland for six days. What a blessing she was!
I might have forgotten a trip but will tell you about it another time.

I'm not really a boxers or briefs kind of girl... more of a hipster girl. They are just more comfy. Or the boy shorts. More coverage without being a granny panty. LOL. Sorry to traumatize you!




I have a favourite dumb joke...

Q: Why did the elephant paint its toenails red?
A: So it could hide in cherry trees!
Q: Have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree?
A: They hide pretty good!!

Q: How did the farmer die picking cherries?... :) The End

heres another

Q: Ask me if I have a banana in my ear
A: Do you have a banana in your ear?
Q: I can't hear you! I have a banana in my ear!

Ok. I hope those made you chuckle or at least smirk.




Have I won anything? I once signed up on this radio station on their loyal listener club and at Christmas time if they said your name on the radio and you called in within like five minutes you would win Christmas Cash. So that happened about two years ago and I had tons of friends and family calling me to tell me they heard my name on the radio and to call in. A random stranger even called my dad to ask if
he had a daughter with my name and to tell me so I could win. I did call the radio station in time and got the Christmas cash. It should have been called New Years Cash because I didn't receive it until almost February. I also "won" the right to cut the ribbon and open Disneyland one morning when I was 9. They picked me from a row of cute kids. I had just gone to ask my sister a question and I got to do what she had wanted to do. Mickey and Pluto and Minnie and Donald Duck all showed me what to do and I got to use giant scissors and cut this big red ribbon to open the park for the day. I don't know if they do that anymore. I got a cool piece of paper signed by Mickey! That was amazing!



My most embarassing moment... I can't think of any... I think I must block them out or something! I remember plenty of my friends' most embarrassing moments. I'll tell you about a funny moment. We threw a surprise birthday party for one of my friends and when he came in the house and we yelled surprise he was so shocked that he farted really loudly and then went straight to the bathroom. Halarious! Sorry if I have offended you with such inappropriate bathroom humor. You are a guy so I assumed it would be ok. I hope you are not offended by gases (ie. farting and burping). Everyone does it... even girls. Someone on my DTS had never farted until she was on our DTS. I
couldn't believe it! Anyway...

My middle name is Janelle. It means God is Gracious. One of my cousins was named Janelle after I was born. Her parents asked if we could share the name. She is one of my favorite cousins.



Do you have any fears... I really don't like spiders... or lots of crawly things that are really fast and could bite me. I also had this awful dream that I was covered in maggots and couldn't get them off of me. I hate maggots! They make me want to vomit. Once when I was about 11 we went on a summer vacation and came home after a week of hot hot weather. Our trash hadn't been taken out and when I went to put something in the garbage can maggots came out of the can and onto the kitchen floor and all over the place. It was sooooooo gross! Again. I hate maggots! Other than that... I have a fear of being up high and falling. It is a legitimate fear. I have a little dent in my forehead and a scar on the back of my head from falling off of a slide when I was two and falling backwards onto rocks on the beach when I was 12. It doesn't stop me
from going up high. I just get freaked out sometimes if I am up that high. I have to hang on real tight to something or someone so I feel safer. I hope to sky dive someday and face the fear some more.

(this was in an email to canada boy when we were first getting to know each other. so glad I typed all this out to be used in my blog! way to go me!)

5 comments:

  1. I knew that was a Canada bound email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I recognized it as a Canadian email too...

    :) I posted about our Lynden adventure.... finally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let me say "me three".

    You told a boy you didn't know about your underwear preference? Glad that wasn't taken the wrong way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, not only did she share that with a boy she didn't know, but she has now posted it on the internet for all the world to read.

    Jami is a very open person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like one of the universal questions that is ok to ask.
    Coffee or Tea?
    Cats or Dogs?
    Boxers or Briefs?
    Its just ok to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete