Sunday, July 20, 2008

One Sunday Afternoon


Recently I have discovered one of my new favorite things. I am now a regular bicyclist. You can find me on the Orting trail at least once a week. Another favorite place to ride is the Nathan Chapman trial on South Hill.
So today I ventured out on a ride by myself not sure where I would start my journey or how long I would ride. My adventure began at Pioneer where the bike trail begins near the flower farm. I rode between the fields and by the signs that read "farm crossing". I arrived in Orting so thirsty. Emerald City Smoothies was calling my name. Not actually. But you know what I mean. I got a Sambazon drink and filled up my water bottle. It hit the spot. I headed out of Orting towards South Prairie. Stopping at the river for a time to take in the beauty and tranquility of the rushing waters.
As I worked on my delicious drink and took in my surroundings it propelled me to go further and further on the trail. I stopped at the river again and climbed down the bank and sat under the shade of a tree as the birds serenaded me and the river whispered softly. It was gorgeous. God gave me a time of rest that my soul was desperately in need of. It reminded me of that Psalm. "... He makes me lye down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul..."
God is so good to restore us. He is a God of restoration. I am reminded to do my part and take time to rest so He can restore me. If you haven't had a chance to get out and on a bike trail I would encourage you to get out there before the summer is gone. Maybe I will run into you... unless I have sneaked down a river bank and am tucked under the shelter of a tree. Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment