Thursday, July 17, 2008

Donated!


So about a month ago I read that it takes between four to six people donating hair to make one wig. I thought about why I have kept my hair long for the past umpteen years, yes, I am getting up there in age, I am over umpteen years old now. And I came to the conclusion that it is my comfort zone. I have had long hair for quite some time and often feel like I can hide behind it. That and I feel like long hair has become kind of trendy to the point of so many people in hollywood having extensions. I am trying to get out of my ways of trying so much to be like the trends of the world. So I had my friend Kate measure my hair the other night to see if I had at least 10 inches to donate... and sure enough... I had 12 inches! So I walked into Gene Jaurez (with my $20 off coupon in hand) and asked if they had any appointment available today and they did. I only had to wait an hour. So I went and talked to Jackie at the Austen Chase coffee bar and she helped me with my haircut butterflies. Back at the salon I met my stylist William and told him my plan. He got the measuring stick and sure enough I had enough hair. With a few snips of the scissors I went from long flowing locks to just below my ears. Crazy! I am so excited to give my hair to someone else who really needs it! After tying my hair up with a couple rubber bands it was to the sink for the hair washing. William gave me the best shampoo scalp massage ever! Man hands! Duh! Why have I not had a man cut my hair all these years??! He did some magic with the scissors, razor, and the thing they use on man hair. I am so loving tossing my head about. I feel like I could be in a hair product commercial right now. Its a little ridiculous... but that is just so like me. I am off to toss my hair again. Toodloooo!

5 comments:

  1. For some reason Lenny Kravitz, "Sophisticated Lady" is playing through my head right now... "She's a sophisticated lady... she's not sheepish, she's not shady... yeah!"

    Looks great and for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to a new look and a new attitude. How fun! You are beautiful no matter how long or short your hair is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the haircut! Wow!

    I think 3 of my girls have donated their hair (Cassie, Carissa, Hosanna) ... so guess that makes 1 wig's worth.

    Glad you enjoyed your time with our kids while we were in Florida. They sure enjoyed your visit.

    Laurel :)

    ReplyDelete