Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Dad's Birthday!



Saturday at 6pm I met my dad, his wife, sisters, four nieces, and cousin at Puyallup Foursquare. We went to church together as a family. It was a special day! At the end of worship the pastor told us to get in groups of 6 or 7 and pray expecting the Lord to speak through us. God shone bright during that time.



It was all of us adults from my family that came to the service in that circle, and it was a beautiful thing. Words were being spoken and going deep into the hearts of each individual in the circle. The Holy Spirit was leading each prayer. What a blessing to spend part of my dad's birthday celebration at church with part of my family.



After the service (which was also very powerful and directed specifically toward some major things my sis is going through) there was a BBQ. So we had burgers and hot dogs and chips and B... soda. Just kidding. I hate B... soda!




The girls played on the big huge blow up toys after filling their stomachs and made us fearful of indigestion in the vomit variety.
We then traveled to my dad's house for ice cream cake from DQ. It was WAY too sugary but delicious. What a fun night.




My nieces entertained us until they crashed into their beds. I stayed late spending time just talking with my dad. It seems that as the days go by our father daughter relationship gets better and better. I just hope and pray that my dad will be around for many many more years so I can continue to enjoy this new phase of our relationship.
I love you dad! I pray big huge blessings for your life in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment