Friday, July 04, 2008

Lost My Head!

We had an eventful evening riding tonight. We being Vicky and I. My bike was proclaimed to be cooler than hers by a young girl, they are the experts on these matters. Nearing the end of our ride Vicky swept in to the rescue like any super hero would, and used both, I repeat, BOTH of her first aid kits (yes she has two, one in her car, and one in her pack on her bike) to tend to a young girl at the park who had sliced her head. She was such a trooper... and so was the little girl. She saved the day and the little girl is alive and probably has some stitches by now.
As I was leaving the bike trails tonight after a long ride through the woods (and over the river... but definitely nowhere near grandmothers house), I packed up my car and secured my bike to the bike rack that is strapped tightly to my car. I drove not more than a few hundred yards down the road and thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I am totally unsure of what I saw... but there are several cars directly behind me so I keep driving. By the time I get to my next destination I am wondering if I did something stupid. I can not figure out how to open my trunk from the back seat to reach through the seats to find out if an important piece of my bike gear is in there. So I take care of business at the house and drive back past the spot that I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I drive back and forth down the road about five or six times and I finally find this little black piece. My helmet is dead. All that is left is the dorky visor part of it.




sigh. I forgot it on the handlebar of my bike and it flew off as I drove away. oh darn. I will just have to get a new one. I hope I can find the same one at Target in the morning. sigh.
The End

1 comment:

  1. Well, just think, now you have TWO visors :)

    It was an eventful evening... wow!

    ReplyDelete